Disability:IN Connecticut is a coalition of over 250 members/businesses who strive to maximize employment opportunities for people with disabilities by working with other businesses, governmental organizations and community service agencies. Disability:IN Connecticut is an affiliate of Disability:IN.
Our mission is to improve recruitment and retention of qualified persons with disabilities, establish an inclusive work culture and promote the adoption of best practices initiatives.
We change attitudes, we improve workplaces and we change lives by bringing diversity full circle to include people with disabilities. We combine our professionalism with our passion to fulfill the dream that disability will no longer be a barrier to employment and we are willing to do whatever it takes to make that dream a reality.
Disability:IN Connecticut works to achieve these goals by disseminating best practices for the hiring of people with disabilities and reaching out to the disability community to find qualified candidates who will help us reach our goal of bringing diversity full circle to include people with disabilities.
Disability:IN Connecticut members can take advantage of:
- Discounted admission to meetings where members can network with colleagues and learn from accomplished guest speakers
- The opportunity to meet and network with other dedicated Diversity & Inclusion and Human Resources professionals
- Discounts on in person or virtual training offered by Disability:IN Connecticut University
- Connections to subject matter experts who can assist you in your Disability Inclusion journey
- Connections to mentoring opportunities which can introduce you and your business to talented students with disabilities
- Connections to sources of qualified job seekers with disabilities
- Access to leadership opportunities by volunteering to serve on our Committees and/or our Board
- The opportunity to be recognized as a Disability Inclusion Leader at the highly acclaimed Disability:IN Connecticut Annual Meeting & Awards Gala
As a member of Disability:IN Connecticut , you have the opportunity to grow as an employment professional who interacts with people with disabilities. Whether you are a recruiter, a human resources professional, transition or education professional, Disability:IN Connecticut is your “go to” resource for the latest information on disability diversity in the workplace.
We offer professional development opportunities including training on Section 503, VEVRAA, Americans with Disabilities Act, Disability Awareness/Etiquette and Creating an Inclusive Workplace. Disability:IN Connecticut offers you the information and tools you need to successfully recruit, hire and retain employees with disabilities.
When you put your membership in Disability:IN Connecticut on your resume, you show prospective employers that you are committed to the best practices in your field.
In addition to checking our website for the latest information on Disability:IN Connecticut , please follow the Disability:IN Connecticut company page on LinkedIn in order to be informed about our latest activities and to connect with other professionals who are committed to diversity in the workplace.
To join Disability:IN Connecticut, please click on the Become a Member button below. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.