Best Practices for Accessible, Inclusive Communications held TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2021 • 12:00PM – 1:00PM ET
Disability:IN Connecticut will be celebrated the 10th Annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day in partnership with Disability:IN.
The event presented practical conversation about inclusive communications honoring Global Accessibility Awareness Day. It explored the following topics to ensure that corporate communications are accessible to disabled employees, customers, and members of the public:
- What makes a communication inclusive and what kinds of communications need accessibility?
- What policies and training support inclusive communications?
- How can organizations structure inclusive communications across the enterprise and what roles should be involved?
- What (and when) can accessibility vendors offer your inclusive communication program
Our panelists brought a collective 98 years of digital accessibility to the conversation.
- Lainey Feingold, Disability Rights Lawyer, Author, International Speaker, and Disability:IN Digital Accessibility Resource
- Angela Hooker, Senior Accessibility Program Manager at Microsoft
- Shilpi Kapoor, Founder of BarrierBreak and 247 Accessible Documents
- Claudia Gordon,Accessibility Relation Manager at T-Mobile