Best Practices for Accessible, Inclusive Communications
TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2021 • 12:00PM – 1:00PM ET
Disability:IN Connecticut will be celebrating the 10th Annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day in partnership with Disability:IN.
Join us for a practical conversation about inclusive communications honoring Global Accessibility Awareness Day. We’ll explore the following topics with the goal of making sure corporate communications are accessible to disabled employees, customers, and members of the public:
- What makes a communication inclusive and what kinds of communications need accessibility?
- What policies and training support inclusive communications?
- How can organizations structure inclusive communications across the enterprise and what roles should be involved?
- What (and when) can accessibility vendors offer your inclusive communication program
Our panelists bring a collective 98 years of digital accessibility to the conversation.
- Lainey Feingold, Disability Rights Lawyer, Author, International Speaker, and Disability:IN Digital Accessibility Resource
- Angela Hooker, Senior Accessibility Program Manager at Microsoft
- Shilpi Kapoor, Founder of BarrierBreak and 247 Accessible Documents
- Claudia Gordon,Accessibility Relation Manager at T-Mobile
Reminder: In honor of the 10th anniversary of Global Accessibility Awareness Day, this Disability:IN webinar is open to the public. We encourage invitations to be forwarded to any whom are interested, or please email Disability:IN to request access.
The webinar will be conducted as a Zoom Video Webinar; you can join through a browser or the Zoom client from any desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
At Disability:IN, we strive to host an inclusive and accessible webinar. Accessible materials will be distributed to participants in advance and live captioning along with ASL will be provided during the event.
This webinar, as with all webinars included in the Disability:IN Webinar Series, will be recorded and archived on the Disability:IN Corporate Partners Portal.
For questions or additional information, please contact Nakeshia Philippe at Disability:IN.