Disability:IN Connecticut can be your primary resource for information on best practices for recruiting, hiring and retaining individuals with disabilities. Check out the offerings at Disability:IN Connecticut University to discover how Disability:IN Connecticut can assist your organization in learning the best practices for bringing diversity full circle to include individuals with disabilities in your business.
If you are a service provider, you can learn how to serve both your clients and the businesses which seek to hire them.
Organizations which can assist you in your diversity and inclusion strategy:
There are numerous organizations that can be of assistance to you in recruiting and retaining employees with disabilities.
- Connecticut Department of Labor (DOL)
- Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) / Employer Assistance and Resource Network (EARN)
- U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities ACT Home Page
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability (EARN)
- Blog post on Mental Health from Mental Health Awareness Month
- Women and Mental Illness
- Roadmap to Mental Wellness in the Workplace